Saturday, March 21, 2009

I can see the end!

This week I finish up my student teaching. I'm not teaching full time anymore, I have given the reins back to my host teacher. I am splitting my time between 1st and 6th grade now. Quite a difference in classrooms, I know! Our 6th grade teacher is expecting a baby the end of April, and I will be her long term sub when she goes on maternity leave, so I am getting to know her routine and her kids - hopefully it will make it easire on all 28 of us (24 kids, 2 teachers, and 2 aides!).
I turned in my portfolio this week and recieved a 4 out of 4 on it. If you want to wade through it I can send you the link...but I wrote the papers in it and I don't ever want to read it again, but if a 6 page paper on contextual factors is your idea of a good time I can forward it along. Or just take my word...its done and got a perfect score. I need to print off the important stuff and get something together for when I interview now. My roommate in college was an Elementary Ed major and I always remember our floor being covered with papers, binders, stickers, and whatnot the last week or so before finals. She lives here in Gillette now and I asked if I could come over and we could relive old times. Not sure if she is going to go for it or if I want to haul all my junk across town.
Thats our news...I should graduate in a few weeks, then get to apply for my Utah license - then have the joy of dealing with WY. Having already done that to some extent I'm not looking forward to that part...but hopefully by the end of summer I will have both licenses and a job.

3 comments:

  1. Oooohhh I'd love to help you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.taskstream.com/main/?/jensen75/DeniseJensen.html

    There is the link...if you can't sleep late at night a few of the papers should help that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there congratulations! I know it has been a long haul for you and your family. You have done good! Good luck finding a full time job, you will be a good teacher!

    ReplyDelete